Preparation / Directions:
Makes 6 caramel apples
1. Combine brown sugar, corn syrup and butter in saucepan; bring over medium heat, stirring constantly.
2. Stir in condensed milk; simmer, stirring constantly, until mixture registers soft-ball stage, 234 F. to 240 F., on candy thermometer.
3. Stir in vanilla; remove from heat.
4. Insert 1 wooden stick into blossom end of each apple.
5. Dip apples into caramel mixture, turning until completely coated; immediately roll bottom half of coated apples in chopped walnuts.
6. Place on baking sheet covered with waxed paper; chill until caramel is firm. mixture to a boil