Preparation / Directions:
1. Combine cranberry juice cocktail concentrate, water, sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon in medium saucepan.
2. Peel pears, leaving stems attached.
3. Place pears, stems up, in saucepan; cover; cook over low heat, basting often with cranberry mixture, until just tender.
4. Remove pears from liquid; reserve liquid for sauce.
Cranberry-Ginger Sauce 1. Measure remaining pear liquid; add water to make 1 3/4 cups. Return to pan.
2. Mix together cornstarch and cold water and add to liquid in pan; cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
3. Add ginger; cool.
4. Serve over pears as dessert or salad.