Preparation / Directions:
1. Toss peaches with brown sugar in bowl; chill.
2. Whip cream to soft peaks in deep 1-quart bowl. Mix in sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff.
3. Fill Almond Cornflake Ring with some of the cream and some of the peach mixture; sprinkle with almonds.
4. Cut ring into 1/2-inch slices.
5. For each serving, place 2 or 3 slices Almond Cornflake Ring on dessert plate. Top with peaches and cream; pass remaining peaches and cream separately.
Almond Cornflake Ring Makes one 8-inch ring
1. Combine brown sugar, milk, butter and corn syrup in heavy 2-quart saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring.
2. Cook to 238 F. (soft-ball stage) on candy thermometer.
3. Meanwhile, generously butter an 8-inch ring mold and a large mixing bowl; toss cornflakes and almonds in buttered bowl.
4. Pour hot syrup over cornflake mixture; toss quickly to coat
5. Pack into ring mold; set aside 10 minutes.
6. Run a thin knife around inside edges of mold; invert onto serving plate.
7. Cool completely before filling and serving.