Blueberry Corn Fritters
|Course : Fritters
Preparation / Directions:
1. In medium bowl, stir together flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
2. In 2 cup measuring cup, stir together milk, egg yolks, and 1 T oil. Pour into flour mixture. Mix well. Batter will be stiff. Stir in blueberries. Set aside.
3. In small bowl with mixer on high, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. With rubber spatula, gently fold half of beaten egg whites into batter until well blended. Then fold remaining beaten egg whites into batter, JUST UNTIL BLENDED. Set aside
4. Pour about 1 quart oil into a heavy 3-qt. saucepan or deep fryer, filling no more than 1/3 full. There must be room in the saucepan to allow oil to bubble up which naturally occurs when frying fritters. Over medium heat, heat oil to 375 or to fry setting on deep fryer.
5. Carefully add fritter batter by tablespoonfuls, a few at a time, to hot oil. Fry 3-4 minutes, turning once, or until fritters are golden brown. Drain well on paper towels.
6. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with confectioner's suga