Mushroom and Cheese Fondue
|Course : Fondues
Serves: 6 - 8
Preparation / Directions:
1. In bowl pour boiling water over dried mushrooms; let stand for 2-3 minutes or until softened. Drain; reserving soaking liquid. Chop mushrooms and set aside.
2. Toss cheese with cornstarch. Rub fondue pot with on half of 1 clove of garlic. Chop all garlic; add to pot alon with button mushrooms and soaking liquid.
3. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring often cook uncovered for 5-7 minutes or until mushrooms are softened and most of the liquid has evaporated.
4. Reduce heat to medium low; stir in wine. Add grated cheese a 1/4 cup at a time, stirring constantly and waiting until cheese is completely melted before next addition.
5. Stir in lemon juice, pepper and nutmeg; cook stirring for 1 minute. Transfer to fondue pot, if necessary and place over low flame.
6. Spear cooked potatoes and dip into cheese mixture.
65 Calories (kcal); trace Total Fat; (4% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 6mg Sodium