|Course : Fondues
Serves: 6 - 8
Preparation / Directions:
1. Heat the beer to the boiling point. Add the grated cheese a little at a time, stirring until it is melted.
2. Mix the potato flour, water, salt, pepper and nutmeg until smooth and stir into the cheese and beer mixture.
3. Cook over a moderate heat until smooth, stirring constantly until thickened.
4. Keep the mixture hot over a small burner, when serving.
5. Cut French bread into bite-sized pieces and supply long handled forks for spearing.
Calories 237 ( 62 % from fat), Fat 16 g (sat 10 g, mono 4 g), Carbohydrates 5 g, Protein 16 g, Sodium 417 mg, Calcium 550 mg, Cholesterol 52 mg, Iron 1 mg, Fiber 1 g, Potassium 97 mg