Trout In Wine
|Course : Fish
Source: Kiwi Cookbook, by Alan Armstrong
|1 whole trout
|1 tablespoons chopped herbs -- (marjoram parsley -- thyme)
|3 tablespoons butter
|1/2 bottle white wine
Preparation / Directions:
1. Clean the trout. The incision in the belly should be as small as possible consistent with the requirement to remove the entrails and clean.
2. Inside the cleaned trout place the chopped herbs and a tablespoon of butter.
3. Place the fish in an oven dish and add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Pour two cups of wine over the fish.
5. Cook in hot oven about 25 minutes.
6. Add a little more melted butter, stir in and cook for another 5 minutes.