Preparation / Directions:
Black Bean Muneta:
1. Bring the water to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer until the beans are cooked through. Strain the cooking liquid off from the beans and reserve; remove the bay leaf from the beans before the next step.
2. Cooked Black Beans strained off all liquid
3. While the beans are still hot, place in the food processor with all ingredients and puree until smooth. Scrape the bowl down two or three time to ensure that all beans are pureed. If there is not enough moisture in the beans, add a little of the cooking liquid you reserved. The consistency should be that of mashed potatoes.
1. Season the tuna; rub with the sesame oil. Then roll the tuna around in the mixture of the sesame seeds and cilantro, pressing on all sides, packing the crust on the fish. Heat a saute pan until hot, add a little oil. Place the fish in the oil, careful not to splash. Sear on every side for 30-40 seconds remove from the pan.
Coconut Papaya Sauce:
1. In a separate saute pan from that of the fish, heat the vegetable oil. Add the coconut and move around until light brown, than add the papaya and sugar. Flame with rum. In a mixing bowl, whisk the corn starch with the coconut milk. Pour the mixture into the saute pan. Bring to a boil and reduce for 1 minute.
Garnish: 1/2 Each Orange, segmented 1 Each Lime, segmented 2 Each Sprig of Cilantro