Angel Hair With Shrimp
|Course : Fish
Preparation / Directions:
1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute shallot and garlic in olive oil over low heat until shallot is wilted, about 4 minutes.
2. Add clam juice, wine, parsley, basil, pepper, and tomatoes. Partially cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. When sauce is almost done, fill a 5 to 6-quart (4.75 to 5.5 l) pan with water, add salt, and bring to a boil.
4. Add pasta and cook for 1 to 2 minutes (3 to 4 minutes for dry capellini), until just tender to bite. Drain well.
5. While pasta is cooking, add shrimp to simmering sauce. Cook, stirring, until opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes. Cut to test.
6. Divide pasta among 6 wide, shallow bowls. Spoon shrimp mixture over pasta. Serve.
Calories 160, protein 15 g, carbohydrate 16 g, fat 4 g.