Preparation / Directions:
1. Butter a shallow, heat-resistant, non-metallic baking dish lightly. Place stuffed-sole fillets in baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Sprinkle onions over fish fillets and pour wine over fish. Heat, covered with clear plastic wrap, in Microwave Oven 7 to 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Baste fish with wine and onions several times during cooking. Set poached fish aside.
3. In a medium-sized, heat-resistant, non-metallic bowl melt the 1/3 cup butter or margarine in Microwave Oven 45 seconds. Add mushroom slices and heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 2 minutes.
4. Blend in flour until smooth. Gradually add cream, stirring until smooth. Return sauce to Microwave Oven and heat, uncovered, 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture is thickened and smooth. Stir occasionally.
5. Add 1/2 cup fish liquid from baking dish to mushroom sauce and stir until well blended.
6. Place fish fillets on a heat-resistant, non-metallic serving platter. Spoon mushroom sauce over fish. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with paprika just before serving.
Note: Many fish markets sell sole pre-stuffed with salmon However, if this is not available, you can roll a piece of fresh salmon (about 1-inch in diameter and 4-inches long) in a small fillet. Fasten each roll with a toothpick. Unstuffed sole or sole that has been stuffed with shrimp, clams, scallops or crabmeat can also be used for this recipe. It is advisable to roll sole fillets even though they may not be stuffed.