Preparation / Directions:
1. Sift the flour and salt into a deep baking dish and add enough water to make a very thick batter.
2) Heat enough oil for frying in a large, deep pan. A deep-sided sauté pan is ideal.
3) Take 3 fish at a time and dip them into the batter together. Press their tails together firmly to make a fan shape.
4) Lower them carefully into the oil. Fry in several batches until crisp and golden. Continue in the same way with all the remaining fish.
5) Meanwhile, squeeze out the bread and put in a food processor with the garlic and lemon juice. With the processor running, add the oil in a thin steady stream. Add water if the mixture is too thick and dry. Add salt and pepper and stir in parsley by hand. When all the fish are cooked, sprinkle lightly with salt and arrange on serving plates with some of the garlic sauce and lemon wedges.