Preparation / Directions:
1. Preheat the broiler, or prepare charcoal for grilling.
2. Combine the lemon juice and oregano in a small mixing bowl. Blend well, then gradually add the oil while stirring with a whisk. Add a generous amount of black pepper. This sauce is known as a Salmoriglio sauce.
3. When the broiler or charcoal grill is quite hot, place the fish steaks under the broiler or on the grill. The fish should be quite close to the source of heat so that it will cook quickly.
4. Cook about 1 minutes on one side, then turn the fish steaks carefully but quickly and cook about 1 minutes or slightly longer on the other side. Do not overcook or the fish steaks will become dry.
5. Transfer the fish steaks to a warmed platter and ladle the sauce over them.