Preparation / Directions:
1. soak codfish for 24 hours, changing the water twice
2. Drain fish and squeeze out all the water.
3. Cut cod into bite size pieces.
4. Heat 1/4 cup oil with 1 tbs olive oil and add the potatoes, season with salt and pepper. Cook potatoes in this oil until almost golden. Add 1/4 cup water and continue cooking until water has evaporated. Set aside
5. Cook the onions in 3 tbs olive oil until translucent. Add the codfish and cook until all the liquid has evaporated.
6. Add the flour and stir for 2 minutes. Off the heat, add the milk and cream stirring vigorously not to form lumps. Season with salt ( if needed), pepper and nutmeg
7. Oil a baking dish and spread a layer of the reserved potatoes.
8. Top with the creamed cod mixture
9. Set aside while you prepare the following:
10. Stir together all the ingredients for the topping but the olive oil. Add the olive oil until you get a moist mixture.
11. Top the cream with the above mixture.
12. Bake at 350F for 35 minutes or until bubbly.