Preparation / Directions:
1. Slice fish and cut into 4-6 pieces. Salt all over.
2. Boil water and tamarind pods until pods are tender. Remove tamari mash and strain back into the boiling water. (optional)
3. Add tomatoes, onions and green beans to boiling mixture and cook 1 minutes or until vegetables are almost cooked. Add fish, banana heart and patis.
5. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat, add spinach leaves, and let stand for 5 minutes.
6. Serve with bagoong or patis (fish sauce).