Preparation / Directions:
1. Combine eggnog, eggs, cake mix, butter, nutmeg and vanilla in large mixing bowl. Beat with electric mixer on low to blend ingredients. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
2. Spoon into a greased-and-floured fluted tube pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
3. Remove from oven; cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully invert over cooling rack and complete cooling. To serve, slice and serve with Pouring Sauce.
Pouring Sauce 1. Beat together egg yolks and sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until the color of the yolks has lightened (2 to 3 minutes). Set aside.
2. Whisk together milk and whipping cream in heavy saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil. Gradually whisk boiling mixture into beaten yolks.
3. Return mixture to saucepan and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture coats a spoon. Do not let boil. Whisk in salt and vanilla.
4. Cool completely. Serve sauce with cake slices.