Preparation / Directions:
1. Combine rhubarb, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 cup water in saucepan.
2. Bring to boil over medium heat; cover and gently cook over low heat until tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
3. With slotted spoon, dip out pieces of rhubarb and arrange in shallow baking dish.
4. Add undrained sliced peaches to liquid in saucepan; heat to simmering.
5. Blend cornstarch and remaining water to smooth paste; stirring, add to hot peaches. Continue stirring and cooking until thick and clear.
6. Spoon hot peach mixture over rhubarb in baking dish; drop Dumpling Batter by tablespoons onto hot fruit.
7. Sprinkle batter with mixture of 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon; bake in preheated 425 F. oven 15 minutes.
Dumpling Batter 1. Sift cake flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender.
2. Add milk, mixing until flour is moistened.