Preparation / Directions:
1. Heat 1 cup sugar in 5-qt Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until melted.
2. Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar is completely dissolved.
3. CAREFULLY add butter, 1 additional cup of sugar and the water. (Mixture will harden) Continue cooking, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until the sugar is totally dissolved.
4. Heat to boiling; reduce heat, add vanilla extract. Simmer 5 minutes.
5. Mix Bisquick and milk until soft dough/batter forms. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls into BOILING syrup. Cover tightly; reduce heat. Cook over low simmering heat for 15 minutes. DO NOT REMOVE COVER while cooking.
6. Serve warm and, if desired, with whipped cream.