Preparation / Directions:
1. Grind the mustard seeds very finely; mix with the sugar, herbs, ingwer (ginger root) and clove powder and salt in a bowl.
2. Bring vinegar to a boil and pour right away over bowl, slowly, stirring constantly.
3. Put the mixture into mason jars and keep in refrigerator, keeps for 6 month.
4. You can change the mustard with garlic, chili peppers, green peppers, hazelnuts, honey in place of the sugar. You can replace parts of the vinegar with the wine, or apple juice, or champagne.
5. If you like your mustard very yellow add some Kurkuma (turmeric) to it.
Translated from German by Brigitte Sealing