Preparation / Directions:
1. Sift already sifted flour with salt and set aside. In large bowl, cream butter with electric mixer at medium speed. Add sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and salt mixture and almonds, mixing until well blended.
2. Shape dough into two logs, each 1 1/2 inches in diameter, and wrap in wax paper. Refrigerate until firm, at least two hours.
3. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a cookie sheet. Using a ruler, mark each log at 1/4 inch intervals. With a sharp thin knife, cut into slices and put onto prepared cookie sheet, one inch apart.
4. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheet and cool on rack.
5. Prepare chocolate mixture. In top of double boiler, over hot water, melt chocolate chips and butter. Stir in hot water.
6. Lay sheet of wax paper on table. Dip half of each cookie into hot chocolate mixture and put on wax paper.
7. If using sprinkles, dip a few cookies and then sprinkle while chocolate is still wet. Let dry at least one hour.