Southern Pecan Pie
|Course : Diabetic
Serves: 10 slices
Preparation / Directions:
1. Prepare pastry and place in 9" pie pan.
2. In large bowl, combine fruit sweetener, cornmeal and applesauce/butter. Beat with electric mixer.
3. In small bowl, blend water and cornstarch until smooth. Add to fruit sweetener mixture and blend.
4. Beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in vanilla and coffee.
5. Pour mixture into pie shell. Decorate top with pecan halves.
6. Bake 30 to 40 minutes - or until custard is set - at 375 degrees. Cool slightly before cutting.
2) Sherry adds Sweet One instead to desired sweetness. If 2/3 cup is called for use 2/3 cup concentrate plus 1/3 cup granulated fructose. Commercial fruit sweeteners are available at health food stores. Good juices to use are apple, orange, pineapple, pineapple orange, and grape.
211 cal, 9g fat, 28g carb, 69mg sod, 3g protein, 82mg chol