Preparation / Directions:
1. Fold a 30-inch piece of wax paper in half lengthwise. Tape securely
around a 2-quart souffle dish forming a collar 3 inches above the rim of the
2. Beat egg yolks lightly. In top of double boiler, mix 3/4 cup sugar,
gelatin, salt and grated tangerine peel. Stir in beaten egg yolks and
tangerine juice. Set top of double boiler over simmering water. Cook,
stirring constantly, until mixture is slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
Chill until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon.
3. In large mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy; gradually beat in
remaining 1/2 cup sugar; beat until stiff, glossy peaks form. Fold into
4. Whip cream until soft peaks form. Fold gently into tangerine mixture.
Spoon 1/3 tangerine into souffle dish. Arrange sections from 1 tangerine
souffle. Repeat. Top with souffle mixture. Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours until
5. *Combine all the Apricot Sauce ingredients in electric blender. Process
until smooth. Chill.
6. **With a sharp knife gently scrape white membrane from peel. Cut peel
lengthwise into thin strips. In small saucepan, bring water and 1/2 cup
to boiling; stir until sugar is dissolved. Add peel, simmer over medium heat
5 minutes, stirring frequently. Turn peel itno a strainer, drain throughly.
Cool on wax paper. Roll peel in 1/2 cup sugar.
7. Garnish with remaining tangerine sections and **Candied Tangerine peel.
Serve with Apricot Sauce*.