Sweet Potato Cheesecake
|Course : Desserts
Serves: 12 slices
Preparation / Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine the crumbs, ground pecans and the butter together. Mix well and press into a 10-inch spring-form pan.
3. In a food processor, with the metal blade, mix the cream cheese until smooth. Add the cane syrup and blend.
4. Add the eggs one at a time to thoroughly incorporate into the cheese mixture. Add the heavy cream. Add the flour, salt, cinnamon and vanilla and blend until smooth. Add the mashed sweet potatoes and blend until smooth.
5. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the cake is set. Remove from the oven and with a knife loosen the sides from the pan. This will prevent the cake from spiting down the center. Completely cool the cake before cutting.
For the sauce: In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients together and allow to sit for 2 to 3 hours. Combine the whipped cream and bourbon together, blend well. Garnish each piece of cake with the Bourbon Whipped Cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
614 Calories (kcal); 57g Total Fat; (82% calories from fat); 13g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 266mg Cholesterol; 463mg Sodium