Preparation / Directions:
1. Place rapberies in large serving bowl. Sprinkle with verifine sugar and
kirsch/framboise. Marinate for 2-3 hours.
2. In a mixing bowl combine the egg yolks, 1/2 cup sugar and the lemon
juice. Whisk until mixture is light and pale yellow. Set aside.
3. In a heavy saucepan combine the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and the
cornstarch dissolved in a little cold water. Add the remaining water, place
the saucepan over high heat and cook the mixture until it is very thick and
4. Remover pan from the heat and beat in the lemon and egg yolk mixture.
Place the pan over a very low flame and heat the mixtue, whisking
constantly, until a very faint steam rises. Remove fom heat.
5. Add the vanilla, lemon rind and butter and cool the sauce completely.
6. Whip the cream and fold into the cooled sauce. Chill until serving time.
7. Serve the raspberries with the lemon sauce on the side or fill individual
parfait glasses with berries, topping them with lemon sauce just before
prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes