Preparation / Directions:
Four baking apples (Rome, Cortland, and Golden Delicious work best)
Four tablespoons honey
One cup apple juice or non alcoholic cider
1/2 cup seedless raisins (optional)
Four teaspoons ground cinnamon
The Best Baked Apples In celebration of Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish
New Year, families around the world eat an apple dipped in honey as a
wish for a sweet year to come. Whether or not you celebrate this
holiday, autumn is a wonderful time to celebrate new beginnings, like
the start of preschool! Enjoy a scrumptious seasonal snack to mark the
1. Preheat oven to 400° F. Wash and core apples.
2. Help your child pour one tablespoon of honey into the cored-out
center of each apple. Let her fill the centers with raisins, then pour
apple juice or cider over each apple. Finally, sprinkle cinnamon on top.
3. Place apples in a glass casserole dish with a cover.
4. Place in oven and bake 45 minutes, or until apples are soft, basting
occasionally. Or, bake the apples in a microwave on high for 12 to 14
minutes, and baste the apples after they're cooked.
5. Remove dish from oven or microwave. Serve warm as a dessert or an