Preparation / Directions:
1. Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt in medium saucepan; gradually stir in milk.
2. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils; boil, stirring, 1 minute.
3. Remove from heat Blend small amount of milk mixture into eggs; blend egg mixture into milk mixture in saucepan.
4. Add sour cream and vanilla; beat with a whisk until well blended.
5. Cool immediately by placing in bowl of ice water for a few minutes; cover and chill thoroughly.
6. To serve, spoon sauce over strawberries in glass serving bowl.