Flan Caramelisado (Carmel Custard)
|Course : Custards
|2 cups sugar
|3 1/2 cups milk
|1 piece cinnamon stick
|6 large eggs
|1 teaspoon vanilla
Preparation / Directions:
1. Place 1 cup of sugar in a heavy pan. Stir sugar at low heat until it is
liquid and light, golden brown.
2. Pour caramelized sugar evenly into six warm custard cups. Set cups aside.
3. Place milk and cinnamon stick in a medium-sized saucepan. Scald milk at
medium heat and allow to cool.
4. Beat eggs until foamy. Gradually add remaining sugar to eggs and beat
5. Gradually add scalded milk to egg mixture, stirring until sugar
6. Pour mixture into caramel-lined cups. Place cups in a pan of hot water
bake in a 350°F oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
2514 Calories (kcal); 55g Total Fat; (19% calories from fat); 62g Protein; 455g Carbohydrate; 1238mg Cholesterol; 759mg Sodium