Preparation / Directions:
1. Heat peanut oil in a large skillet.
2. Add onion and 1/4 cup cream; cook over low heat until onions are tender, about 15 minutes.
3. Measure 1/4 cup onion mixture into each of nine 5-ounce custard cups.
4. Beat eggs, remaining cream, salt and pepper until light.
5. Pour an equal amount (about 2 1/2 tablespoons) over each cup of onions; sprinkle with bread crumbs.
6. Set custard cups in a pan of hot water; bake in preheated 350 F. oven 25 to 30 minutes, or until set.
7. Serve hot.