Preparation / Directions:
1. Heat oil in a saucepan, add chopped onions and fry gently until lightly golden.
2. Add ginger, garlic, cumin and coriander seeds powder, crushed cardamom, turmeric and fry gently for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Add lamb to the above mixture and fry until brown, stirring frequently. Stir in yogurt and bring to a boil.
4. Stir well, cover and cook gently for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms and cook again for 15 minutes or until the lamb is tender and yogurt is absorbed.
5. Stir in lemon juice, salt and pepper and cook uncovered for 5 minutes.
6. Garnish with lemon wedges and coriander leaves if desired, and serve hot with Naan bread or fried rice.