Preparation / Directions:
1. Cook the coconut milk in a small pot until the oil rises to the surface.
2. Fry the Panang curry paste over mediumheat until it is fragrant. Add the coconut milk, fish sauce, oyster sauce, chiles, lime leaves, and cook for a few minutes to blend. (About 5).
3. Add thin slices of beef to the curry and cook about 8 minutes or until the beef is just cooked and still tender.
4. Add sugar, lime juice, chopped peanuts and coriander.
5. Remove to a serving dish and top with chiffonade of Basil leaves.
Thai Cooking - Fall 1998 Professor: Donald Duong
Notes: This is really a very good yellow curry. Bamboo shoots or green beans can easily be added. The main difference in the yellow curry from the red is that it used yellow chiles, and has peanuts in it.