Preparation / Directions:
1. Clean spinach leaves. Chop into small pieces and boil.
2. Add water to tamarind and squeeze out a small bowl of tamarind juice.
3. Chop onions and tomatoes into medium sized pieces.
4. Put spinach leaves, tamarind juice, onions and tomatoes into a frying pan, add half a glass of water and cook. Add chile powder, sugar and salt. Cook until thick.
5. Pour oil in the frying pan. Fry black gram dal, cumin seeds, mustard seeds and asafetida. Add this seasoning to the stew.