Preparation / Directions:
Dessert made from yogurt. Popular in Western India.
Preparation time: 25 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes
1. Pour the yogurt into a large white muslin cloth and tie the edges into a firm knot.
2. Let it hang until all the whey has completely drained out.
3. If necessary, keep overnight with a large vessel underneath to collect the whey.
4. After the whey has drained out the contents should resemble cream cheese.
5. Add to it sugar and cardamom powder and mix will.
6. Lightly roast saffron strands on a tava and powder it.
7. Add to the shirkhand and mix will, using a mixer if necessary for a smooth consistency. 8. Garnish with almonds and cashew nuts