Preparation / Directions:
* boiled in water with a pinch of salt (to 5 potatoes)
Potato Patties with dried peas gravy.
Preparation time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 40 minutes
For the ragda:
1. Soak dry peas overnight.
2. Pressure cook them until done with enough water and salt to taste.
3. When cool, remove from the cooker.
4. Dissolve flour in a little water to make a smooth paste and add to the cooked peas.
5. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
6. Cook on a medium heat until the flour gets well cooked and there is a thick gravy. Remove from heat and keep aside.
To prepare the patties
1. Peel and mash the potatoes.
2. Grind green chiles, coriander leaves, 1 tbsp. cumin powder and salt well.
3. Add the mashed potatoes and knead well until smooth. Keep aside.
4. Add the remaining cumin powder, chile powder, turmeric powder and salt to taste to the gram dal and mix well.
5. Divide the mashed potatoes into small portions. Roll them into cup shapes and fill a little gram dal mixture in it.
6. Close the potato mixture and roll into slightly flat pattice shape.
7. Heat oil on a thick griddle and fry the remaining patties until done.
8. Serve patties with ragda poured on it.