Preparation / Directions:
An Indian curry with some traditional vegetables and some new-world additions. An exotic, flavorful, yogurt dish, with crunchy nuts, spice and tropical fruit.
Instructions 1) Bring vegetable stock to a boil in a wok. (yes, we like this better)
2) Add onions, tomatoes, garlic, ginger, mushrooms, bell-pepper to stock and cook until slightly soft (about 2 minutes).
3) Add curry powder, cayenne, boiled potatoes, boiled carrots and mix and cook slightly (about 3 minutes).
4) Add yogurt and mix (cook 1 minute)
5) Add cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, sugar, salt, oil and mix (cook 1 minute)
6) Add peanuts, almonds and pineapple and mix (cook 1 minute)
7) Mix slowly, being careful not to breakup big pieces of vegetables.
8) Add white flower as needed to thicken the sauce.
9) Taste and adjust flavors as needed with above ingredients
10) Cook at low heat for at least 10 minutes, longer if you can control yourself.
Serve over warm, fluffy and fragrant Basmati rice with a side of favorite bread (naan preferable).
Remove cayenne, whole cloves before serving.