Preparation / Directions:
Spicy Rice dish from the Western part of India.
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan, add onion, green pepper and chile and cook stirring for five minutes or until onion is soft.
2. Add rice, mix well and cook for three to four minutes longer.
3. Add tomatoes and stock or water to the pan and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
5. Season to taste with black pepper