Preparation / Directions:
1. Combine the onion, ginger, garlic, and oil in the container of a food processor or blender. Blend to a fine puree.
2. Spoon and scrape the mixture into a small skillet and cook, stirring often, until mixture almost starts to brown, but do not brown. Add the curry powder, cinnamon, turmeric, coriander, and cumin and stir to blend.
3. Add the meat and cook, stirring and chopping down with the side of a heavy metal spoon to break up any lumps.
4. When the meat has lost its raw look, add the tomatoes, lime juice and sugar. Add a generous grinding of pepper and the hot red pepper. Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Add the peas and continue cooking until the peas are tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Serve with rice, cucumbers and yogurt, carrots with yogurt or mint with yogurt.