Preparation / Directions:
Steamed rounds made from rice and lentils.
Preparation time: 6 hrs soaking Cooking time: 40 minutes
1. Soak the Rice and Lentils separately for about 6 hours.
2. Fill 2 cups of Rice at a time in the Grinder Jar with approx. 1/3 cup of water.
3. Grind at Speed 1 for just a few seconds then run at speed 2 for 1 minute, stirring clockwise from time to time.
4. If additional water is required add from top while running the machine.
5. Remove into a bowl and grind rest of the rice and dal in a similar fashion.
6. After grinding, mix rice and lentils together. Add salt to taste.
7. Keep aside for 6-8 hours for fermentation. Add baking powder if desired.
8. Steam in Idli Stand as per manufacturer's directions.
9. Serve hot, with chutney