Preparation / Directions:
1. Prepare the chicken; set aside.
2. Dice the tomatoes; set aside.
3. In a wok or heavy skillet, heat the oil and add the full masala, stirring well for 1/2 minute. Add onions and stir-fry until they start to turn golden. Add garlic/ginger paste and stir over medium heat to dry the mixture. Add the chicken and tomatoes and the dry masala. Stirfry for 5 minutes, adding a bit of water if necessary to prevent scorching. Add the yoghurt, reduce heat and bhoona for 10-15 minutes while the chicken absorbs the spices, again adding a bit of water if necessary to avoid scorching.
4. This dish is classically a dry curry, but if you prefer more gravy, add 1/2 cup water at this point, and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add the tomato paste and the heavy cream. Sprinkle on the garam masala, if desired, and garnish with the coriander leaves. Serve hot with rice.