Preparation / Directions:
1. Dry roast raw rice, sesame seeds and fenugreek seeds till crisp and powder them finely.
2. Extract thick tamarind pulp.
3. Boil tamarind pulp with jaggery, chile powder, asafetida, turmeric powder and salt till well cooked and the jaggery is well mixed.
4. Add the rice, sesame and the fenugreek powder. Mix well and boil till well mixed.
5. Heat 1/2 tbsp. oil or ghee in a kadai and season with mustard seeds.
6. When they splutter, add ginger, green chiles and curry leaves. Fry well till green chiles are cooked.
7. Remove from heat and add to the tamarind pulp.
Source: Namrata Subrahmanya