Preparation / Directions:
Sweet Rice Dish made with milk and pineapple.
Preparation time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 30 minutes
1. Wash the rice and place over the cooking plate in the pan. Pour milk and water over it. Add cloves, cinnamon and ghee. Switch on to rich cooking.
2. Meanwhile drain the pineapple from the syrup and chop it finely.
3. Add sugar to the syrup and cook it over a low flame until it is of two thread consistency (medium thick).
4. Add the pineapple pieces, essence, color and turn the switch to warm position.
5. After 10 minutes, add the syrup, mix gently and press the switch again to rice cooking when the pulao is done the switch will move to keep warm, switch off and serve hot or allow to remain hot until time to serve.
*Fresh pineapple in season can be used. Peel and cut one small pineapple into cubes add 1/2 cup sugar and 1 cup water. Boil for 5 minutes and use this instead of the tinned pineapple.