Preparation / Directions:
1. Mix ingredients in given order one by one. After completely mixed by hand, let stand for at least 20 minutes.
2. Form into meatballs (golf ball size) and fry slowly until golden brown. Do not turn until completely done on one side and do not crowd pan. If not using Teflon pan, cook in 30 ml oil. .SH "Tomato Sauce"
1. Saute onion and garlic in butter for 5 minutes.
2. Crush tomatoes into medium pieces. Add all ingredients except baking soda, mushrooms, and meat balls. Simmer in covered saucepan for 1 hour. Stir sauce often and keep heat low.
3. Add browned meatballs and simmer 30 minutes. During last 15 minutes add mushrooms. During last 10 minutes add baking soda. If sauce is too thick, add water. If sauce is too thin, cook uncovered for 15 minutes. .SH "Variation" I simmer sauce and meatballs in a crock pot and serve from it also.
Difficulty : moderate. Precision : measure ingredients.