Preparation / Directions:
1. Remove top shell from each crawfish and the two calcium deposits (hard, stonelike substances above eyes); discard.
2. Replace shell with Crawfish Stuffing (stuffing can be applied easily with pastry bag).
3. Dip crawfish first in buttermilk, then flour; fry to a golden brown. 4. Cover with Hollandaise sauce and serve.
*** CRAWFISH STUFFING ***
1. Melt butter in large saucepan; add flour and stir over heat until light brown.
2. Add onion and garlic; sauté.
3. Remove from heat; add parsley, seasonings, egg, chopped bread and crawfish tails and stir until mixed.
*** HOLLANDAISE SAUCE ***
1. Combine all ingredients except butter in top of double boiler.
2. Heat water in bottom of double boiler to boiling point.
3. With whisk, mix egg mixture over hot water until egg is creamy and lemon-colored (will thicken to consistency of soft pudding).
4. Remove from heat and continue to whisk while slowly adding butter.