Nabisco Nutter Butters
|Course : Cookies
Preparation / Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and the sugar with an electric mixer.
3. Add the egg, salt and peanut butter and beat until well blended.
4. Put the oats in a blender or a food processor and grind away until they are almost as finely ground as flour.
5. Add the oats and the flour to the mixture and blend well.
6. Pinch out small portions of the dough and roll into 1 inch balls in the palm of your hand.
7. Press these flat on an ungreased cookie sheet so that they form 2 inch circles.
8. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until light brown around the edges.
9. While the cookies are baking, combine the filling ingredients in a small bowl.
10. When the cookies have cooled down, use a butter knife to spread a thin layer of filling on the flat side of a cookie and then press another one on top.
11. Repeat till all the cookies and the filling are use up.