Preparation / Directions:
Makes 30 cookies
1. Mix together margarine, brown sugar and molasses; stir in 1/2 cup cold water.
2. Sift together flour, salt, allspice, ginger, cloves and cinnamon; stir into molasses mixture.
3. Mix baking soda with 3 tablespoons water until soda dissolves; stir into batter.
4. Chill dough, then roll out 1/2- inch thick; cut in 2 1/2-inch rounds using a floured cookie cutter.
5. Place far apart on lightly greased baking sheet; bake in preheated 375 F. oven 15 to 18 minutes until no imprint remains when lightly touched.