Preparation / Directions:
Makes about 3 1/2 dozen cookies
1. Beat together sugar and butter until light and fluffy; blend in egg and vanilla.
2. Combine remaining ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, mixing well.
3. Shape to form 12-inch roll; wrap securely and refrigerate several hours or overnight, until firm.
4. Slice dough into 1/4-inch slices; shape to re-form round shape, if necessary.
5. Bake on lightly greased cookie sheet in preheated 375 F. oven 10 to 12 minutes; cool on wire rack.
6. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desire