Preparation / Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, the 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine, the egg yolks, the 1 teaspoon vanilla, the baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat the mixture with an electric mixer on low speed until crumbly.
3. Firmly press the mixture into bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake in the 350 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown, Remove from the oven.
4. Immediately sprinkle the marshmallows over the surface. Return to the oven for 1 to 2 minutes more or just until the marshmallows begin to puff. Remove from the oven; cool while preparing the topping.
5. In a large saucepan, stir together the peanut butter chips, corn syrup, the 1/4 cup butter or margarine, and the 2 teaspoons vanilla. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the chips are melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat; stir in the rice cereal and peanuts. Immediately spread the cereal mixture over the marshmallow layer.
6. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm. Cut into bars. Store in a covered container.