Preparation / Directions:
Makes about 3 dozen cookies
1. Grease 2 large cookie sheets.
2. Stir together 2 1/4 cups flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, cloves and pepper in a mixing bowl.
3. Make well in center; stir in eggs, corn syrup and corn oil until well mixed.
4. Coat citron with 1 tablespoon flour; stir into dough.
5. Shape into 1-inch balls; bake on prepared cookie sheets in preheated 350 F. oven 20 minutes, or until lightly brown.
6. Coat with confectioners' sugar while still warm.
7. Cool completely on wire rack; store in tightly covered containe