Preparation / Directions:
Makes about 2 dozen
1. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
2. In large bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat margarine and 1/2 cup peanut butter until smooth; beat in sugar until blended; beat in corn syrup and milk.
3. At low speed, add flour mixture, beating only until smooth.
4. Shape dough into 2 rolls, 2 inches in diameter; wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate 2 hours.
5. Slice into 1/8-inch-thick slices. Place half the cookies on ungreased cookie sheets 2 inches apart; spread 1/2 teaspoon of remaining peanut butter on each cookie; top each cookie with 1/2 teaspoon strawberry preserves; top with remaining cookies . Seal edges by pressing lightly with fork.
6. Bake in preheated 350 F. oven 12 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
7. Cool on wire rack.