Preparation / Directions:
Makes 5 dozen cookies
1. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
2. Beat margarine and peanut butter until smooth in large bowl with mixer at medium speed; beat in sugar and brown sugar until blended; beat in egg and vanilla.
3. Reduce speed to low; add flour mixture, beating well.
4. Shape dough into 3/4" balls; roll in sugar, if desired, and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake in preheated 375 F. oven 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
6. Remove from oven; quickly press chocolate candy firmly into top of each cookie. (Cookie will crack around the edges.)
7. Remove from sheet and cool on paper towels.