Preparation / Directions:
Makes 3 dozen sticks
1. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter.
2. Add egg yolk and vanilla; mix well.
3. Press firmly into bottom of 9-inch square baking pan lined with foil (on bottom only).
1. Cream butter, confectioners' sugar and egg yolks until light and fluffy; stir in walnuts and bread crumbs.
2. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites; spread evenly over crust layer.
3. Bake in preheated 350 F. oven 30 minutes, until top springs back when touched lightly.
4. Cool in pan; remove and cut into sticks.
Spread tops of sticks with thin layer of chocolate and decorate with walnuts, coconut or orange peel.
NOTE: Great for a holiday cookie treat. Make ahead and store in airtight covered tin