Preparation / Directions:
Makes about 4 dozen cookies
1. Cream together shortening and peanut butter; add sugar and brown sugar.
2. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well.
3. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, blending thoroughly.
4. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in sugar.
5. Place on ungreased cookie sheet; bake in preheated 375 F. oven 10 to 12 minutes.
6. Remove from oven; immediately place unwrapped kiss on top of each cookie, pressing down so that the cookie cracks around the edge.
7. Remove from cookie sheet; cool.